THE TRIBAL TIMES magazine!
Periodic publication for Tribal Fusion, American Tribal style and related dance forms and practices!
HOW & WHY THE TRIBAL TIMES?
Well, to be honest, I have been a bit fed up with the lack of media coverage and their misrepresentation of our work in general. I also strongly feel we need more public and even government recognition for all the amazing work we have all been doing. So, as in all professions, and scientific practices, we deserve a good periodic publication! We deserve to have at least 1 European/(World wide?) Tribal magazine in our community! It is important for teachers, as we can share our in-depth knowledge, and it is equally important for students, so they can get even more inspired to grow in this dance form!
- Also, I want to emphasize the value of the printed version! There is no bigger happiness then to sit next to a fire these days and to HOLD an actual, PRINTED Tribal magazine in my hands. The feeling is a warm Yippee!, like Christmas came early, I swear! 🙂
- I also find that leaving the printed magazine to “lay around” helps people take our work seriously. Upon seeing the magazine in printed form, people around me were like: “Whoa, ok, you guys are working/doing serious stuff with this dance.” So this too can help bring more respect for the dance form! Another step to lift the level of our art form up a bit 🙂
- I am so happy that the magazine is already on it’s way to USA, Russia, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Sweden, The Netherlands, Italy, UK, Malta, Estonia, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Spain, Finland, Austria, Portugal, Denmark, Slovakia, Italy, Estonia, France, Denmark, … CAN’T wait to get your feedback!!!
- I also want to open and hold space for your contributions and ideas: can you add your science approach into the equation? Maybe your knowledge from another field can help us become better dancers? Can you share a personal experience that you think is valuable? Do you just have funny performance stories to tell? Do you want to write about an amazing journey you made and the cultures you visited or maybe review a dance event? Are you an amazing producer, photographer or you make amazing costumes? Do you want us to feature an interview with your favorite dancer? Let us know what you want to share and what you think could benefit others in the community!
- This edition is a bit more Slovenian colored, but there is a CALL for writers and contributors, so I am hoping to make it more and more a work of the whole European or world-wide Tribal community, already in the next edition!
- If you want to be featured, just have ideas, or you want your AD to be featured in the magazine, please send us your article or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will select the best articles/ideas and ads for the next edition:
★ The DEADLINE for the next, winter edition (out in February 2019) is the 18th of JANUARY 2019!
FOR MORE INFO ON HOW TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR ARTICLE or ADVERTISE in the magazine >> CLICK HERE <<
Me and my team put our hearts and soul into it, and a lot of money and xyz of time. More than we ever can hope to get back I guess, but as we feel this is a wonderful project and gift for all of us, we are grateful for the support from the community. We want no profit from this, but we are hoping to break even with our investment and if all goes well, our goal is: editions with many MORE PAGES and more amazing CONTENT.
So your contribution in spreading the magazine is greatly appreciated!
the editor of Tribal Times magazine
+ other Tribal Times Team members
(Vesna, Debora, Lena, Grega and Urša)